- How does Quick Move Now’s house buying service work?
Our house buying service is surprisingly straight forward. There are no chains, no risks and no hassle!
- Simply call us on 0800 068 3366 or enter your details online to obtain an indicative cash offer for your property.
- After independent valuations, we’ll make you a free, no-obligation formal cash offer.
- If you choose to accept our formal offer, you decide the date for sale completion.
- On your chosen date, the house sale is completed and the money is transferred to you.
- Will Quick Move Now buy my property at a discount and is there a set amount?
As a property buying company, we have to buy property at a discount. There is no set discount amount we apply. Each property is assessed on its own individual merit. We use local estate agents to carry out full assessments, from which our formal offer is based. We can pay up to 85% of the market value and in every case we always offer the maximum we can.
- Are there any fees to pay if you sell your property to Quick Move Now?
There are no fees to pay at any point in the selling process. We will make you a free, no-obligation cash offer. If the cash offer we make doesn’t meet your needs, you are free to walk away. In fact, you are free to walk away right up to the point you exchange contracts.
In additional to paying zero fees, Quick Move Now also covers your legal fees, including panel solicitors and EPCs. You are obviously free to use your own solicitors, however we can’t guarantee timescales if you choose to use a solicitor that we’ve not worked with before.
- Do I have to sign a contract if I decide to sell my house to Quick Move Now?
We NEVER ask our customers to sign anything upfront! We strongly advise you NOT to sign any contract prior to exchange. If any company is asking you to do so, this is a clear warning you are not dealing with a genuine house buyer. We are often approached by customers who have signed an option agreement with another company, which basically tie them to that company for a period of time while the company looks for an investor to purchase the property.
As with any property transaction, there are legal documents you will have to sign upon exchange of contracts. These will be drawn up by your solicitor.
- How do Quick Move Now value and offer on the properties they buy?
We carry out a full, in-depth analysis of the local market. This includes speaking with local estate agents and throughly researching the local market and comparable properties to ensure we offer the maximum amount we can.
- What type of properties can Quick Move Now buy?
We can buy any residential property across England and Wales.
We consider all values of property; the cheapest we’ve bought is £14,000 and the most expensive is £1million, so we really do look at any type and any value.
Currently, Quick Move Now do not purchase age restricted properties.
- Can Quick Move Now buy properties anywhere in the UK?
We buy properties all over England and Wales. We do not currently buy properties in Scotland.
- If I accept an offer, how long does completion take?
The timescales are completely dictated by you, the seller. What we do as a business is guarantee to have the cash available to complete the transaction on the date you choose.
We have bought property in less then 24 hours, but the majority of our customers choose to complete in 3-4 weeks as that gives them time to organise removals and suits their onward move.
- What are the benefits of using Quick Move Now's home buying service?
The traditional way of selling a house, through the open market, is fraught with uncertainties regarding price and timescale. What Quick Move Now provide is an alternative to that. We give you certainty, flexibility and speed, putting you in complete control of the transaction.
Getting a genuine cash offer from Quick Move Now puts you in a strong, proceedable, chain-free position for your next property.
Selling your house to Quick Move Now is also a hassle-free option. You don’t have to wait on the market for a buyer, or prepare your home for house viewings. A cash offer puts you in an ideal situation to make your onward move quickly.
- How do I know if the cash offer Quick Move Now have made is fair?
Our formal offers are based on two local, independent estate agent valuations.
As founding members of the National Association of Property Buyers (NAPB), honesty and transparancy are integral to our business, and we always follow the Code of Practice for Residential Property Buying Companies set out by The Property Ombudsman.
- How long does it take to receive a cash offer from Quick Move Now?
We aim to provide an indicative offer within an hour of receiving your enquiry.
Formal offers are provided within 72 hours of receiving an independent estate agent’s report. If your property is already on the market, we can provide a formal offer within 72 hours of your initial enquiry as we do not need to order a separate estate agents report.
- Will the cash offer Quick Move Now make ever change?
The formal offer we make is valid for 7 days. If you wanted to proceed with our formal offer after this period, we would need to re-appraise your property and local market conditions. If nothing has changed, your original offer would still stand.
All properties we buy are subject to a full survey. If a serious structural issue is flagged, this may affect the price we can offer. However this is all completed before we exchange contracts, so you are free to walk away cost and obliagtion free up until exchange of contract.
- Do Quick Move Now carry out a survey before making a cash offer?
Not before we make a formal cash offer. However, if you do decide to accept our offer and proceed then we will need to complete a survey just to make sure the property is structural sound. All surveys are completed by local, independent surveyors.
- Do Quick Move Now buy tenanted properties?
Any property we buy has to be vacant upon completion. We can however, make a free, no obligation cash offer while your rental property is tennanted. Following your acceptance of our offer, you would need to serve notice to your tenant.
- Do Quick Move Now buy ex local authority properties?
Yes, we can purchase ex local authority properties.
- What happens to my property after I sell it to Quick Move Now?
We will sell the property via the open market and take on all the uncertainties and hassles you would have otherwise encountered.
- How do I know that Quick Move Now is a genuine cash house buyer?
The easiest way to know if a company is buying houses directly is to simply look at their company accounts. Lots of companies quote they are able to purchase using their own cash funds, whereas, we’re able to demonstrate this through our accounts and our longevity within the industry. Our turnover and the number of houses we buy makes us unique. There is no other house buyer that is able to match us.
Our size and experience mean we are able to guarantee you a quick and certain house sale. Every single property that we buy is bought directly with our own cash.
Quick Move Now are transparent all the way through the house buying process. Every property we buy is a cash purchase and we post our last 3 years of accounts on our company website, which proves our turnover and the amount of cash we have available. We are a member of the property ombudsman and helped to draft the code of conduct for the National Association of Property Buyers (NAPB).
We’ve bought in excess of 6,000 properties. Unfortunately, other companies within the industry don’t have the same amount of cash available, and so they act as brokers and middlemen instead. They will find homeowners looking to sell and then trying to find an investor to buy that property. In reality, this means they are providing an estate agency service and are unable to guarantee a buyer, timescales or house sale price.
- Do Quick Move Now need to visit my property in order to make me a cash offer?
We try to limit access as much as possible to simplify the process. If your property is not currently on the market, we may have to ask a local estate agent to visit your property to carry out a full appraisal in order to provide us with a valuation and further market conditions.
- I'm not in a rush to sell my house. Can I still use Quick Move Now's house buying service?
Yes. Most of our customers are looking for certainty rather than speed. The majority of our sellers are buying another property, so the timescales are dictated by that onward move, whether that be in 4, 6, 8, or 12 weeks. Quick Move Now offer a guaranteed house sale with the money ready for you whenever you want to move.
- My property is in a bad condition. Will Quick Move Now still buy it?
As long as your property is structurally sound, and mortgageable, Quick Move Now can still buy it. This means you don’t have to worry about decorating or fixing issues before you can sell.
- Are Quick Move Now regulated?
The house buying industry is unregulated and you should be wary of any company claiming to be regulated.
We are, however, monitored by The Property Ombudsman and are a founding member of the National Association of Property Buyers (NAPB).
- I'm facing repossession due to mortgage arrears. Can Quick Move Now still buy my house and stop my repossession order?
If you are facing house repossession, Quick Move Now can contact your lender and let them know we are in the process of purchasing your property. As long as your lender is satisfied the arrears and outstanding debt will be cleared by an agreed date, they can stop the repossession order. This will eliminate future financial repercussions for you.
- Will I always deal with the same person at Quick Move Now?
When you submit an enquiry to Quick Move Now, one of our dedicated Client Account Managers will be in touch to discuss your needs and guide you through our home buying process. Once you have reached the formal offer stage, your details will be passed to our Purchasing Director who will help you reach your desired completion date.
- Is my personal data safe with Quick Move Now?
Here at Quick Move Now, we take data protection seriously. We will only pass your personal details on to third parties relevant to your house sale, like estate agents, surveyors and solicitors, if we get to that stage.
- Are there any situations in which Quick Move Now cannot make an offer for my property?
There are several scenarios in which we will not be able to provide an offer for your property. These are:
- If the property is unmortgageable (this would mean we will find it difficult to sell it at a later date)
- If we are unable to accurately ascertain market value
- If the property has sitting tenants or does not come with vacant possession
- If there are any other factors that may place an unduly high risk on us being able to resell the property
- How is my mortgage paid off if I choose to sell directly to Quick Move Now?
All money is handled through your solictor. Upon completion, your solicitor will redeem any mortgage from the proceeds of the sale and then the balance will be transferred to you.
- Do you offer a sale and rent back scheme?
Quick Move Now has never offered a sale and rent back scheme. Only members of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) are allowed to offer this service and there are strict regulations and restrictions in place to protect the vendor.