As a business, it is impossible for us to pay full market value for your home. However, we are uniquely placed to guarantee a sale on the date you need. We’ve helped more than 6,000 homeowners by providing a quick and guaranteed property sale, and each one decided that the benefits of our service made it worth accepting a discounted sale price.
How much do we pay?
Property buying companies offer an alternative to selling via an estate agent, for homeowners who need a quick or guaranteed sale. A genuine cash home buyer will always pay below market value, in exchange for a no-risk, guaranteed house sale, where YOU are in complete control of timescales!
At Quick Move Now, we pride ourselves on being totally honest and transparent about the prices we pay.
|£150,000 example asking price
||Selling to Quick Move Now
||Selling through Estate Agent
|Average agreed sale price
|Estate agent fee
|Estimated mortgage payments**
|Time off work to liaise with EAs and solicitors ***
|Net price achieved
*Based on average 5 month selling process
**Based on £140,000 mortgage over 25 years – £650 per month
***Based on average daily wage £108 – 4 days off
We can pay up to 85% of full market value, with our current average offer being at 82.5%. The discount we apply is not fixed. We assess each property on an individual basis and always offer the highest amount we can.
Any company claiming to buy at 90% and upwards is not a genuine buyer, as it is not possible to cover costs at this level. Instead, they’re likely to be acting as a broker or lead generator for an estate agency.
Because the quick house sale industry is not regulated, it can be hard to establish who the genuine companies are. Currently, we believe there are only 3 companies in the UK who buy properties directly.
Find out if you are dealing with a genuine home buying company
Why Quick Move Now buy at a discount
Every business needs a margin, which means no company can buy a property for full market value. We do not charge fees for the service we provide, so we buy at a discount and look to make a profit on the resale. As a genuine home buying company, there are many overhead costs we need to take into consideration:
- Every company has to pay an additional 3% stamp duty on top of the current rates for each band. For example on a £230,000 property we pay £9,000 to the government.
- We cover all legal fees. This includes conveyancing for both parties.
- Business overheads – as a genuine house buying company, Quick Move Now has an office, staff and advertising costs that need to be paid for with any profit we make.
- Resale risk – Once we’ve purchased your property, we take on the risk of market fluctuation. If prices fall due to the economic or political situation, it is our issue.
- Costs of ownership – All ongoing costs relating to ownership of the property are paid by Quick Move Now, including: maintenance, utilities, council tax, estate agent fees to re-sell the property, insurance and bank interest.
- Renovation costs – Quick Move will manage and pay for any work that is required on the property.